Thursday 6 February 2014

Re-creation of Reservoir Dogs


Re-creation of Reservoir Dogs





We worked in a group to re-create the opening scene from Reservoir Dogs. This included everything from the shot list and storyboard to finding the actors and filming. I then edited the footage using final cut which included fading, cutting and added all of the titles to make it as close to the original as possible. I feel that the original is quite a close match to the re-creation as the costumes were all correct and the shots were very similar however, there are certain parts of it which could have been better. For example, at the end I had to use the same tracking shot twice to make it last as long as the original aswell as having to use the original opening of one of the characters close ups as there was not enough footage because there weren't enough actors to create the scene. Personally, I feel that this was a good experience which will help me to be prepared for the creation of my own thriller opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment