Wednesday 16 April 2014

Evaluation Question 4


4. Who would be the audience for your media product? 




Due to the nature of my thriller, I was more tempted to include male actors as they are more stereotypical of drugs dealers.

Here is some feedback that I received by my target audience after they had watched my thriller opening. I was really pleased with the feedback I received and they said that the thriller conventions I used really appealed to them. Additionally, the audience stated that they liked the way I had ordered the footage in a way that they were left asking questions about what was happening however, they liked how it was revealed at the end.

To make sure I was choosing the correct classification rating for my thriller, I visited the BBFC guidelines website to identify which was best suited to my film. I then created a blog post on why a 15 certificate rating was the correct one for my thriller with illustrations. 
Some feedback from my friends regarding my thriller consisted of comments such as:
  • "I like the soundtrack with the video"
  • "The special effects really add to the storyline"
  • "You have used lots of great shots"
  • "The way you have edited the order of the shots really helps build the narrative"
The film 'Momento' is similar to mine and that film appeals to people aged between 15 and 45. The fact that it is mostly psychological means the audience members are older however, they also use older actors to play the role which also helps create a wider audience base. 

Having younger actors, mostly male links to the narrative of my film because men are stereotypically more dominant and superior therefore, drug dealing and kidnapping is something they would partake in. Additionally, crime is generally seen to be committed by men which is why I chose to have the two people involved in criminal acts in my thriller to be men. 

These are some examples of my target audience:





















These people suggest my target audience are people early to mid 20's who are really interested in watching films and enjoy just sitting at home and relaxing in front of a film. These two people are quite different which therefore represents the versatility of the audience for my thriller.


This is Billy Clark and Peter Ring. Billy is twenty four, lives in Central London and works full time as a carpenter. Peter is nineteen, lives in Borehamwood and works part time in Sainsburys. These boys both dress casually and whether they are hanging out with friends or going out for the night. They both really enjoy watching films and spending time with friends and their families. Peter particularly likes horror films whereas Billy prefers thrillers. Billy's favourite thriller is 'The Call' as he said "It was exciting the entire way through, had an action packed storyline and was well acted. "Peter loves to watch thriller films such as 'The Orphan' as it creates an eerie atmosphere. "This engaged me the whole way through which is why I really enjoyed it."
Peter is really into the latest music varying from RnB, Hip Hop and Pop. Moreover, they both enjoy listening to artists such as Rihanna, Beyonce, Trey Songz, Chris Brown, Jason Derulo and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment