Thursday 17 April 2014

Evaluation Question 5


5. How did you attract/address your audience? 


My intention for my thriller opening was to gain positive feedback from the audience and to know that they would be interested in watching the full film. I wanted to catch their full attention through the visuals due to the different shots and angles, costumes and the clear, white titles I have used in order to make them stand out.

I have created an annotated version of my thriller opening to show what my intentions were for each part and how it would look from the audiences point of view.



I want to make the audience eager to know what's going to happen and what is going on at that particular moment before it's revealed. The audience asking questions is good because it shows me that they're interested in my narrative. The feedback helped me to improve my final edit as I was made aware of what people liked and what they didn't. Here are some examples of what some people said:


This feedback helped me to see where I could improve and what does and doesn't work in my thriller. By making these improvements, I will gain an even wider audience and I would receive even better feedback. My main aim of my opening is to engage the audience, create enough suspense to keep them on the edge of their seats and make them want to watch the rest of the film.
If I were to make a trailer I would make it very dramatic and full of suspense. I would have a powerful soundtrack and focus on showing the climax scenes of the movie to let the audience see how good it is which will make them want to buy tickets. This will appeal to anyone that is interested in horrors, thrillers, psychological or crime thrillers. I would set up an online website specifically for Leverage and promote it using Twitter at #LeverageReleaseDate to increase the fan base. Publishing behind the scene clips and teaser trailers will make the audience more eager to know what the film is about. After a few weeks of the film release it would appear in the theatres and I would publish Blu-Ray DVD's. Also, making an online download (at a low price) would increase awareness as most young people these days use the internet more than anything else. This can raise sales revenue as the people who didn't get to watch it in the cinema can still watch it easily and people who really enjoyed it in the cinema can buy it on DVD.

I took into consideration both the positive and negative feedback from my audience research and if I were to re-shoot the thriller or make changes to the opening sequence then I would definitely make sure that I meet the requests of my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment